Motability question — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Motability question

leighannC
leighannC Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone, I’m new here and have a question regarding the Vauxhall Mokka on Motability. I went and ordered my car on March 2nd, the dealer had previously over the phone  mentioned there were 8 on the  way to the country, he would check colours, as I need no adaptions.  So when I ordered they had one in black en route. He then told me a couple of days later that it was in the country and waiting to be assigned to a transporter. I looked through the online Motability details and the form I’m to sign says my first payment comes out on April 3rd so I questioned him about this as 1, what if I don’t have the car by then? And 2, it’s not even my payment date for PIP, he said it’s because I have a provisional delivery date of March 31st. Does all of this sound right? Surely if it is in the country it won’t take 4 weeks to be loaded onto a transporter? Also, the dealer couldn’t tell me a reg number, as apparently they don’t find that out until it’s assigned to a transporter

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.