Hi, my name is Sam. I'm looking to take PIP to higher tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sam. I'm looking to take PIP to higher tribunal

SamTal7 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 18 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I finally got an ADHD diagnosis in my 50's! Having ADHD has severely impacted my life and I started the application for PIP in 2022, it went to tribunal and I was not awarded the daily living aspect so I'm looking to take it to higher tribunal. Has anyone else done this? and if so any advice on how I do so would be very gratefully received.

Many Thanks


  • Jimm_Scope
    Jimm_Scope Posts: 2,670 Scope online community team
    Hi @SamTal7! Congrats on your ADHD diagnosis, I didn't get mine till 29. They missed so many people decades ago when it was understood far less.

    I don't know anyone personally who has gone to an Upper Tribunal, but we do have an advice page on Upper Tribunals here: Appeal to the Upper Tribunal | Disability charity Scope UK

    They/Them, however they are no wrong pronouns with me so whatever you feel most comfortable with
    Online Community Specialist

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us. 
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions are my own, such as mashed potato being bad.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    You can't just appeal a Tribunal decision because you disagree with it. You can only appeal on error of law. To find that error you first need to request the Statement of Reasons and Record of Proceedings from HMCTS and you have 1 month from the date of the decision to request those. 

    Once you receive them you will need to find someone to take a look to see if they can find the error in law. If they can't then you will not be able to proceed any further. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.