Back to work with health condition — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Back to work with health condition

Options
242 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Afternoon all and hope your Sunday is going well?
I hope this is the right place to post this question. I've been on lcwra for nearly two years because of PTSD and an arm injury.  I want to go back to work, but I'm afraid they will make me do a job which will make my mental health worse. I struggle working in busy environments. I'm on lcwra because my PTSD was judged severe and over rode my arm injury. So my question is can the job centre make me do a job which will impact my mental health? Sorry for the long post

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,235 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The job centre can't make do any work because you've been found to have LCWRA so you have no work commitments. 

People do work while claiming LCWRA but if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you were found to have LCWRA then it could go against you when you're next reviewed. 

If you do start working you must report a change of circumstances and tell them your working. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @242

Welcome to the community! :) I merged your posts together and tidied them up. So everything is in one place for you <3

I see Poppy has advised about how as you have been found as LCWRA they can't make you and some people do work with LCWRA. I'm one of them *waves*.

Scope has its own Employment Services. They can support from CV writing and interview skills, to support in the first few weeks in a new job. If you live in England or Wales, I'd encourage you to reach out :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.