Awaiting A Decision :# — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awaiting A Decision :#

cossamaximus
cossamaximus Community member Posts: 17 Listener

Good afternoon to all,

I recently had my first ever PIP assessment via telephone call. I think it went okay. It was recorded, and I have since Tran-scripted the recording.

Based upon the things I have said I believe that I should score points which should result in me getting enhanced mobility and standard living. However, since this whole process is new to me, being my first time and all, I worry the detail I gave in my assessment will be more than what I gave on my original application form. When I wrote my online application, I wrote it with no guidance, as I naively I was unaware there was such help available to me and because of this I missed a lot off.

I missed things like the use of aids, so the difficulties I face will seem somewhat lessened when compared to my assessment, as I didn't always focus on my worst days.

I guess I will have to put this down to inexperience, and although I did supply evidence, things like my diagnosis, proof of my prescriptions, a couple of weekly Diaries, that did show me at my worst, and a statement from a family member expressing the difficulties I have been going through from their perspective, I do not believe it will be enough for the decision maker to mark me points based on my assessment and my evidence alone, and will much likely favour the original form that I submitted.

Thanks for reading.

Tim

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,592 Disability Gamechanger
    All you can do now is sit back and await a decision (easier said than done I know ) it can take anything from 8-12 weeks from assessment to decision depending how busy they are.
    Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,808 Disability Gamechanger
    You should never ever focus on your worst days anyway. Doing this could be treated as benefit fraud. For PIP you don’t need to be affected all of the days. It’s the majority of the days so at least 50% of the days over a 13 month period. 

The reason so many people have assessments is because they don’t give enough of information in the form they fill in. Going into more detail during the assessment is fine. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cossamaximus
    I stated good days, average days and bad days on the form. 

During the assessment I tried to put things into percentages, like for 70% of the time I’m suffering with my symptoms. 

I even put it into days, like 4 days from 7 I often feel like so and so etc,

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cossamaximus

Just wanted to message and say welcome to the community! :) I bet you feel relieved after your assessment? Pop the kettle on, feet up! <3
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • cossamaximus
    @Hannah_Scope

Tbh I did stress massively before the assessment, but I am naturally a panicky individual, and I will just keep going over and over things in my head wondering about every scenario. 

I wish I could relax, but now I’m stressing about the possibility I won’t get what I believe I should, and will have to undergo a MR.

thanks to this forum, the stress isn’t too overwhelming.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.