Pip award — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip award

Ladorefalls
Ladorefalls Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hello, I recieved a call on Sunday from a pip assessor, he talked through my claim and said I had been awarded. I’ve called the help number and it says a payment is going in tomorrow of £569, I did my first contact as a first time claimer on the 22 Jan, is this amount back dated money? Or is it the monthly payment? Many thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,926 Disability Gamechanger
    A PIP assessor can't award you PIP. Only a decision maker from DWP can award it to you. If this is a first time claim and you're not transferring from DLA I would expect you to receive money owed first. Then about 4 weeks later you will receive you first 4 weekly payment. 

The automated payment line has been known to give incorrect information so you shouldn't rely on that. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ladorefalls
    Hi, sorry I should have said it was a pip decision maker he told me there and then he would make the decision. I just don’t understand how the payment works. It says £569 going in tomorrow. I started it in January on the 22nd if that helps. Many thanks 
  • poppy123456
    If a decision was only made on Sunday then I wouldn't expect you to receive first 4 weekly payment tomorrow and the automated payment line doesn't tell you information about what money is owed so you shouldn't take much notice of that information. Once payment is sent it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank. 

I see from a previous thread that you received the report which recommended zero points so are you saying they went against that report? Are you 100% sure they told you you've been awarded?

You can of course ring PIP tomorrow to check if a decision has been made and if it has they will tell you. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Ladorefalls
    Hi, yes because of the amount of evidence they had, the decision maker re went through my assessment, he said the write up didn’t match to the scoring and the evidence also. He then said I had been awarded and that I will recieve a letter within 5-10 days. He said all he could tell me was I was awarded but not the levels as he needed to work it all out. I am abit stumped. I don’t understand how it works if I’m honest. The evidence they had was overwhelming though. I thought that report didn’t make sense when it said zero 
  • Ladorefalls
    He said to keep an eye out on my account as the payment would come first before the letter. The phone line just said 19th March £569, I just wondered if that was back pay, I did the application 22 January, or if it was the award 
  • poppy123456
    That's great news they went against the report. Yet another reason not to request it because It has been known for them to go against it. 

As I advised, you will receive money owed first. Then 4 weeks later you will receive your first 4 weekly payment. When you receive the decision letter it will tell you what day of the week to expect your 4 weekly payment. For this reason it's highly unlikely that you will receive that payment tomorrow. 

Once payment is made it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank. I'd advise you to ring them tomorrow to ask what the decision is and they will tell you. You can also ask when to expect the money that owed to go into your bank and they will tell you. 
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 153 Pioneering
    edited March 19
    If backpay goes first, its lower for both. But I was under the impression the automated system never states backpays, then again nothing adds up to £569. In any case you got an award, so, that's the good news.
  • Ladorefalls
    Hi so I have spoke to someone at PIP. I have been awarded enhanced living and standard motability so I’m going to recieve £523 a month. 

I just want to say, my assessment awarded me with zero points. Though the write up talked about all my restrictions. A decision maker picked up on this and spoke through my assessment with me. He could clearly see the contradictions and that the point scoring system hadn’t worked with my case. My award was given for three years. I also had a shed load of evidence and reports to go alongside this. 

Many thanks for all the advice 

• Ladorefalls
    Hi could I ask, if I have the enhanced rate at daily living and standard motability can it be used towards a motability car? 
  • poppy123456
    edited March 19
    Unfortunately, you need Enhanced mobility to join the motability scheme. Therefore you will not be able to join. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.