Universal credit payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit payment

Options
Itsasecret
Itsasecret Community member Posts: 15 Listener
So I’m on lcwra and I haven’t received my payment today, it normally goes in at midnight I’ve checked my journal since Friday and my statement wasn’t showing so I called up on Monday to ask what’s wrong, they said nothing wrong they can see but I haven’t been paid so I’ve rang up again this morning to tell them all my direct debits have gone out and I will be charged fees and all they can tell me is oh sorry you have to wait for case manager to respond ?!  My 6 month old baby has no milk left!!! does anyone know how universal credit operates? All I can think is surely this can’t be right them playing with my life like that my car insurance is also at Risk of being voided for non payment I’ve left so many messages in my journal it’s been 48 hours now and I don’t know what to do 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,540 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you sure that your payment date is usually 20th of every month? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    Good morning @Itsasecret. I'm really sorry to read about your predicament. Is it today that your UC payment is meant to be paid? Have you now received your statement?
    If it's today that your payment is due to be paid, it can unfortunately take up until 8pm. You can ask UC to 'escalate' your concerns as payment is now due. 

In the mean time, I'm very concerned about your mention of not having any milk left for your baby. Do you receive milk vouchers from Healthy Start? Food banks occasionally have provisions of formula - have you had a look at The Trussell Trust to find out where your nearest one is?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Itsasecret
    Options
    I am 100% sure my payment is 20th of every month and it’s always gone in at midnight I’ve never had to wait until 8pm I can’t believe this is happening, Adrian unfortunately I cannot use those services in my area without a referral from universal credit, my neighbour has kindly offered to buy me a tin of formula but as for my bills I am well and truly screwed until uc pay up I will be making a complaint as they have caused me so much distress and have impacted my credit file 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,540 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you received your monthly statement now? The only thing I can advise is to put a message on your journal under service issues and tell them you have received your payment. Though as Adrian said, it can be paid up until 8pm. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Have you had any response from them @Itsasecret?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Itsasecret
    Options
    Hi guys I had a response they have now paid me the money, thanks for your advice today 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    What a relief that must be @Itsasecret, thank you for updating us. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.