LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA

Options
tomlamb14
tomlamb14 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I’ve been providing fit notes since July 2023.

i got a letter in my journal saying I’ve been referred for an assessment for LCWRA on January 17th 2024

recieved a letter yesterday 19th March 2024 to say i have been accepted for LCWRA

does anyone know how long before I start to receive the payments and how they calculate back pay

regards
tom 

Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Based on the limited information you gave your first payment will be either Nov or Dec 2023.

The exact date will depend on what date exactly you provided your first fit note. What date you usually receive your money each month. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tomlamb14
    Options
    The 3rd of every month. I’ve been reading about a three month AP but didn’t know if that was before I was awarded it yesterday or after 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    What date exactly did you provide your first fit note? You didn't answer that. 

The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods, starting from when you provided your first fit note. It's then paid from the 4th month after that with first payment being the end of that month. Providing there were no gaps in your fit notes up until a decision was made. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tomlamb14
    Options
    27/07/22 I have submitted concurrent fit notes without a break since then
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That means your waiting period will be July to Oct ... LCWRA starts from assessment period 28th Oct to 27th Nov and first payment will be 3rd December. Money owed will be paid separately to your usual monthly money and often takes quite a few weeks to pay it. 

You will need to check your next statement to see if the element is included. Please also note my advice assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.