Hi, my name is clairepne1! I don't understand the LCWRA 3 month period? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is clairepne1! I don't understand the LCWRA 3 month period?

Options
clairepne1
clairepne1 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited March 22 in Universal Credit (UC)
I'm wondering if someone can help me, I got a decision letter on Monday 18th March 2024 saying I've been awarded lcwra, I started putting my sick notes into the uc from November 2023... I don't understand the 3 month period, if someone could help me understand it better that would be great.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,237 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your first payment will be either March or April. The exact date will depend on the answer to the following questions.

1/ What date exactly did you provide your first fit note? 

2/ What date do you usually receive your money each month?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • clairepne1
    Options
    I provided my first sick note on 30th November 2023 and my pay date for uc is 28th of the month. 

Thank you for getting back to me so quick.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Thank you. That means your waiting period is Dec/Jan, Jan/Feb, Feb/March.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 22nd March to 21st April and first payment will be 28th April. No LCWRA element is owed.

Please note, my advice assumes you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,185 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @clairepne1, welcome to the community.

I can see Poppy is already helping you with your query, but I wanted to stop by and say hi. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • clairepne1
    Options
    Hi, yes she's been very helpful and made it more easy to understand for me.... 
  • clairepne1
    Options
    Thank you. That means your waiting period is Dec/Jan, Jan/Feb, Feb/March.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 22nd March to 21st April and first payment will be 28th April. No LCWRA element is owed.

Please note, my advice assumes you’re not claiming UC with a partner that already receives this element on your claim. 
    Thank you so much for your help and making it more easy to understand... no I don't have a partner.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You’re welcome ☺️ 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.