Cost of road tax. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cost of road tax.

Options
onebigvoice
onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 757 Pioneering
With the cost of living going up and every body struggling to make ends meet I was wondering, whether people under the Disability Schemes use their Mobility part for a New car on the scheme.
  I have had one which is comming up for renewal in May but my point is, with the council cutting costs on everything:
  How come there is enough TARMAC to make speed bumps, but not enough to fix POT HOLES?
  Just a thought.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,818 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I find if you go fast enough, you seem to skim over the top of the potholes

It's OK to drive through them at less than 10 mph, and then at maybe 60+mph you go over them, but there is a sort of sweet spot between those figures where they cause damage

This is going to be my defence next time I am driving at 130mph past the local school
  • onebigvoice
    onebigvoice Scope Member Posts: 757 Pioneering
    Options
    I like driving over pot holes especially fast when they are full of water because you can aqua plane quite a distance befor sonking into the hole, or its good when you have had a hard frost as you can skid even further.  
      By the way my observation was that although you are getting less for your money you are paying more.  Things like Bin Collections:  Now once every two weeks to save the council money in Diesel and Wages?  So was my rates reduced?  No.  Recycle ecvery thing into green bags, less sorting when back at depot, yet now no more green bags but Hessian Red and Blue bags where you WASH Cans, and put steel and Aluminium Cans in one, Cardboard and paper in the other.  Less sorting when back at the depot, less rates NO.  So where are the savings going?
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,818 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 23
    Options
    I might be wrong and obviously this is second hand info so treat it with suspicion but my brother used to work for the council and got lots of inside info but something he told me is that recycling bin rubbish gets sent to landfill because the public can't be trusted to sort stuff correctly. It's a bit like during the war when people sent all their pots and pans to apparently be melted down into bullets and aircraft, the quality of the metal was poor so it just got disposed of - the authorities just did it so the public could feel like they were helping out
  • michael57
    michael57 Community member Posts: 239 Pioneering
    Options
    ah be a pot hole tax soon tax to ride a push bike the poor people in power are running out of things to tax or sell off i feel for them but when and if labour get in power they can always sell off a bit more or our gold reserves 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.