Pip mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mandatory reconsideration

Options
tracyj59
tracyj59 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Hi just received my mandatory reconsideration letter no change so I’m goin to tribunal just looking for advice do I need to  request the tribunal request online and what information do I need to send  do I  just go through the descriptors saying why I disagree  with  it. Do I need to get help with this or shall I fill it in myself 
thanks 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @tracyj59 sorry to hear you were unsuccessful with the MR, it's usually the case unfortunately. 

We have lots of info and links regarding tribunals here for you to browse and CAB have plenty here too.
    It's totally ok to fill it all in yourself if you want to, the key is to show which descriptors apply to you and give them real world examples where possible.  To start with though, you just need to say you disagree with the DWPs outcome. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • tracyj59
    Options
    Is it better to put tribunal in online or shall I print it off and send it in written as I done a mr over the phone and feel that was wrong I should of wrote it all down 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,375 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Online will be fine as this is how many other members request it now.submit-appeal
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracyj59
    Options
    Thanks do you have to submit all reasons now why I  want tribunal or can I do  that at later date I need to write it all out or shall I just submit it. I haven’t got anyone to help me yet with this can I always add someone or do I need that information now 
    thank you 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,375 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You should just give brief reasons why you disagree with the decision. You don't need to send anything that you've already sent because DWP will send all of that once they respond. If you do have anything extra to send that you can do that at a later date. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tracyj59
    Options
    Thank you for your help I’m so worried about this and your advice is appreciated 
    thanks
  • BuzzerButton
    BuzzerButton Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    Options
    Hi tracyj59, I think we are in the same boat. We didn’t get that successful text so we are expecting a refusal letter in the post. It is so dis heartening. 

• tracyj59
    Options
    Hi anno it’s so disheartening I’m goin to tribunal havnt sent it off yet need to write it all out and just hope for the best so annoying when genuinely have to fight when living with illness I got 7 points at daily living and 4 at mobility feel should of scored well more it’s just I didn’t write enough I don’t think or explain it so good will try do better with tribunal hope urs goes ok are you goin to tribunal I believe the wait time is anything Upto 12 months ! 
  • tracyj59
    Options
    Sorry meant to say when I rang up about my mandatory decision they told me over the phone so maybe yours might be good news they said to my decision remained the same I received letter week later and it was just the same so disappointing 
  • BuzzerButton
    BuzzerButton Community member Posts: 27 Listener
    Options
    Tracyj59, we was awarded 2 points. It’s crazy how they only awarded us two points. And I feel that the m.r will not have read anything from our part, only what their own people have written. I am pretty confident that if this goes to a tribunal, that we would win. Because my mum is ill. it’s just dragging this all out, and at the same time, we have other family issues (dementia) so our attention is being pulled in all directions. I didn’t know it was a 12 month wait, thanks for letting me know. I might start a new post to see how long wait times are by location. I’m in the London area. I will wait for that letter. I’ll let you & this board know, because I was reading these boards a long time before my first post. Thanks for replying, and I wish you the best of luck. 
  • tracyj59
    Options
    Thanks wish you luck as well we are caring for my dad with dementia as well so hard when you unwell yourself hopefully we all get awards we deserve  I am in Liverpool area so unsure yet of how long but hopefully sorted as soon as not hopeful thou as know someone in my area who took 18 months to get to tribunal !

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.