Review in ADP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review in ADP

Options
diane1981
diane1981 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
I'm due my review in adult disability payment,( in Scotland) I was on pip and moved over to this in February, how has others found the review process compared to the pip review. Getting pip was horrendous, I had to go to tribunal after having lies being told in my assessors reports. I don't have any further evidence since my award and I'm worried sick I will loose my claim.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hiya @diane1981 I can totally empathise with your PIP experience, my experiences were the same, not fun at all! I don't know a great deal about ADP, but I'm hoping your review is quick and painless. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • MJs
    MJs Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi @diane1981

I started on PIP, went through an awful assessment, assessor lied in her report - got 0 points across the board. Did the MR and pointed out all of the inaccuracies in the assessors report and highlighted where each piece of evidence demonstrated my needs in line with the descriptors. They came back and gave me standard daily living, and high rate mobility. Appauling - original assessor should have been fired/or charged for what she did. 

I switched from PIP to ADP early 2023, as my PIP review was due a few months later it was to be handled through ADP. 

I submitted my change of circumstance form for the review 9 months ago. I included lots of evidence, diagnoses letters, medication lists, support letter from a charity organisation related to my disability, and clearly linked my needs to the descriptors for each activity. As you can probably tell the experience hasn't been good. 

The online form only allows you to write so much, and this made it difficult to explain how my needs had or hadn't changed - I uploaded an additional document to explain further, but kept this succinct so as not to overwhelm them. They have never once contacted me during this period - not even to confirm receipt of my form. 
    The only communication has been when I contacted them to ask for an update, using the Webchat. 8 months after submitting the form and evidence, my case was finally allocated to a case manager. 9 months in now and there is no update, no decision made yet, not been asked for further information or evidence. 

I dread finally receiving the decision/award letter, or being asked to attend an assessment, truly hoping I don't need to do a redetermination. 

I wouldn't say I'm a particularly complex case either. 

Best of luck to you. 
  • diane1981
    diane1981 Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Options
    Aww no that waiting time is awful, I was hoping the ADP would be less stressful. I was also hoping to do it online and upload pics of my evidence,  I'm not holding out hope in dwp sending over my previous evidence.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Based on other threads here ADP is just as stressful as PIP and the review waiting times are also extremely long. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.