Feeling a bit low — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling a bit low

Options
Emma1980
Emma1980 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I’m 43 years old and have cerebral palsy that I’ve got older. I’ve become very isolated as my mobility has got worse and I find it quite hard to get out and about. it seems where I live the only social groups available for the elderly and there doesn’t seem to be any befriending services available so I just join this group to hopefully make some friendship and have a chat as feeling very low at the moment.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,438 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Emma1980 nice to see you posting again. :)

I'm sorry you've been feeling low. Hopefully we can all help cheer you up a bit?  Have you looked for other online communities to join?  What sort of hobbies do you have? We might be able to think of some other things to try. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Emma1980
    Options
    I like listening to music, especially Take That as they are my favourite. I also love cats I used to have one, but sadly I lost her last year. I also enjoy simple arts and crafts including colouring as I find it very therapeutic
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,438 Scope online community team
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your cat Emma, I know how special they are to us. 
    Ahhh, so a Robbie Williams fan then? :)

I love some colouring in, it's very underrated. :)  Many cities are doing adult colouring sessions these days, it could be worth looking to see if there's anything on in your area that you could make it to?  Some places are doing online ones too which I think is amazing from an accessibility point of view. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,784 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Emma sorry I don't have any answers but just want to say welcome and sorry you are feeling low and there is plenty to chat about on here :blush:
  • Emma1980
    Options
    My favourite is Gary Barlow, but I also like Robbie as well
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,904 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi. Well I’m a old bird. But I love Gary Barlow. I want to adopt him as my grandson. 
    I know how isolation feels I’ve been there for many years. To long you become to prefer it. But it’s lonely. Even though I do have a mr. 
    But finding Scope changed my life. It truly has. I no longer feel isolated or lonely. 
    I hope you can get from Scope what I have. X

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.