Lcw to lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcw to lcwra

Options
drew98765
drew98765 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi I hope your all well. In July 2023 I reported a deterioration in my health and conditions. They asked for for a doctors letter to forward me for a reassessment, and they forwarded me for a work capability reassessment. In February 2024 I had my work capability reassessment. March 2024 I'm awarded lcwra. My understanding I will receive backpayment  from July  2023 . Is this correct? How long does it normally take for DWP to be in touch about back pay. I am transitioning from lcw to lcwra

Thanks

Lcw to lcwra 0 votes

Lcwra
0%
Backpay
0%

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,391 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't know why you posted a poll here. Yes, because you reported changes to your health condition, providing you send fit notes without any gaps until a decision was made on your WCA then the extra money will be from the assessment period in which you reported the changes. 

Very often it can take quite a few weeks to pay what is owed. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • drew98765
    Options
    Oh sorry I'm not good with this. Sorry for posting here. 

Regarding the doctors notes. They asked me to provide a note or letter I did this.  They only asked for this once. To send me for reassessment 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,391 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 28
    Options
    Please don't be sorry for posting, anyone is welcome to post. Usually I would expect you to have to continue to provide fit notes without any gaps until a decision is made on your review. It will be down to a decision maker to decide when it's paid from. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • drew98765
    Options
    Thanks
    When I was awarded lcw in 2022 in the letter it states you don't need to send anymore fit notes unless your condition changes and I was also told this by my work coach. in July 2023 I reported a deterioration in my health and they asked me to provide a fit note or a doctors letter as evidence of deterioration so they can send me for a work capability reassessment. I obtained a letter I was given a wca appointment in February 2023 in march I was awarded lcwra. 

• drew98765
    Options
    Thanks
    When I was awarded lcw in 2022 in the letter it states you don't need to send anymore fit notes unless your condition changes and I was also told this by my work coach. in July 2023 I reported a deterioration in my health and they asked me to provide a fit note or a doctors letter as evidence of deterioration so they can send me for a work capability reassessment. I obtained a letter I was given a wca appointment in February 2024 in march I was awarded lcwra. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.