LCWRA and going abroad — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA and going abroad

Options
rsh
rsh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 30 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hello.
I have recently been awarded LCWRA.
I have read that if you go abroad you can do so only within a 4 week (some say 1month) time period.
Is this 4 weeks allowed in one annual year?
Is this 4 weeks consecutive or split up?
My partner will soon be starting some work abroad in Europe. And I would like to get the rules in order ready for future visits.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When claiming UC it's 1 month that you're allowed to go abroad for. The day you go and the day you come home do not count. There's no amount of times in a year where you can or can't go. Are you claiming UC with your partner?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rsh
    rsh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I have been on UC and it has just been switched to LCWRA . The claim is just for me, we do not live together etc.
    So there is no limit on how many times you leave the country in a year, so long as you do not go for more than one month consecutively? 
    Thanks
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,718 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In post one you said they are your partner, but you don't live together ??
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    LCWRA is just an element of UC, it hasn't been switched from UC to LCWRA. There's no limits.

woodbine said:
    In post one you said they are your partner, but you don't live together ??
    Some people refer to them as their partner even when not living together. A couple can be married, not live together and can claim UC as single people. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.