Received a UC ucd35 letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received a UC ucd35 letter

Options
berry61
berry61 Community member Posts: 56 Connected
Hi everyone, 
I am currently getting UC and into week 2 of ssp after surgery which will probably prevent me from returning to my current job for the whole of ssp term 28 weeks.
I have just had a message on my journal with a UCD35 letter to download which I have.
It says I will receive a form to complete as they need to know more about my disability/sickness etc and how it prevents me from working or looking for work.
Will this be the work capability assessment form that people have said i would be getting when I have been off work for a few weeks. My initial fit note was dated 16th March for 6 weeks. 

Thanks 

Comments

• berry61
    Options
    This is exactly what it says...
    You will receive a letter and a Capability for Work questionnaire from The Health Assessment Advisory Service. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,065 Scope online community team
    Options
    Helo @berry61, yes this will be the work capability assessment form. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • berry61
    Options
    Thanks Adrian,
    Are they asking for this to be done a bit early ? I thought they ask when you have been on ssp for several weeks.
    Thanks
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,691 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Usually they refer you from day 29 after providing your first fit note. They are a little early but that’s not a bad thing and nothing to be concerned about. 

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • berry61
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance poppy
  • berry61
    Options
    Hi everyone,  I've just received my first capability for work questioner today. I have dealt with similar to this with regards pip which I currently receive for standard daily living and standard mobility.

Do I answer the questions and provide what supporting medical evidence I have , and how my conditions affect me. I'm recovering from recent surgery anyway but I have existing health conditions which I reported when applying for UC from WTC migration.

Thanks for any advice.
  • berry61
    Options
    Sorry just to add as well..

What does it mean on the letter accompanying the UC50 form

" I can send copies of medical documents with the questioner to support what i say"

Then it says

" don't send medical statements with your questioner" 

What is the difference or am i not reading this correctly ?

Thanks
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @berry61 - on the letter it says about 'medical statements' that they don't want medical certificates, Dr's statements or fit notes. On p5 of the UC50 you'll also see a list of copies of things to send, if you have them, & what not to send. Hope that helps.
  • berry61
    Options
    Thanks for your reply chiarieds 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,125 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You're very welcome :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.