Question about UC and fit ntoes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Question about UC and fit ntoes

connorsky Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited March 31 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi everyone, I have been reading many of your Questions and answers, I am hoping I can get some help for a friend of mine, I hope someone can help him solve his issue


  • connorsky
    connorsky Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    He has had over 80 + fit notes go into the DWP, he has got to have screws put into the heel of his foot and pins in his leg as he has no bone in his foot, since covid he is finding it hard to see his doctor just like the rest of us, the uc are saying he is fit to work , his fit notes mean nothing to them , obviously they know more than a doctor or a consultant, is there anyway he can get an X-ray to prove to uc he is definitely not fit to work, it is really effecting him, he is getting very stressed and depressed, can anyone advice what he can do
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,116 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, a fit note isn’t proof that you are unfit for work.

    When was the most recent decision made that found him fit for work? If it was less than 13 months ago he needs to challenge the decision. 

    The first stage is the Mandatory Reconsideration and he can request this on his journal, if he has access to one. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.