Appointment with my health coach — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appointment with my health coach

CRP Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello..I have a question regarding an in person appointment with my health coach. I recently was told I’m in the LCW group after a health assessment so I have a follow up with my health coach. I think I am going to ask for mandatory consideration as my mental health condition (ptsd) is making it impossible to work or consider even looking for work and should be in the LCWRA group. However this is a separate issue. I asked if I could make the appointment over the phone as I was planning to be away with my mum and I really need a break it’s been a long time since I was able to, and the reply I got was “you are expected to attend your appointment in person”. Is this normal? I thought if you were away they could call call you. But I don’t know if it’s different because it’s a health coach not work coach? I am confused. Is it better I just say I’m away and request for them to change my appointment? Instead of asking for it over the phone whilst away? Thank you! 


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,124 Disability Gamechanger
    If your health condition makes it difficult to attend in person then yes you can ask for a telephone appointment, as a reasonable adjustment.

    As you will be away on holiday then this is completely different. No harm in asking and see what they say. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.