MR, received an unexpected call, does this mean I've been awarded? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

MR, received an unexpected call, does this mean I've been awarded?

Options
deeann
deeann Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi just in the middle of MR had an unexpected phone call from Dwp asking questions like had I been abroad or hospital. Said I still need to send in more paperwork but not received it from hospital yet lady said not to worry I am looking at your claim you will receive a letter in a couple of weeks keep an eye on bank account. Dose this mean I have been awarded or that they are still looking at claim? So confused. 
Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,324 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @deeann I don’t have the answer or advice you seek. 
    I just wanted to nudged in and welcome you to our community. 
    Someone will come along to help you. I am certain of that. Just be patient as it’s Easter Sunday. 
    Are you celebrating. 
    Whilst your waiting take a look around our coffee lounge for a chat. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Those are usually the questions they ask before paying anything they owe. However, we have had some members that have been asked those questions at MR stage and the decision stayed the same so there was no award. 

For that reason you'll need to wait until you know what that decision is. Once it's made you will be contacted. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.