Hi, my name is Gandolf! How long does it take to hear about a review? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Gandolf! How long does it take to hear about a review?

Options
Gandolf
Gandolf Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 1 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been sent a text to say I am to be reviewed again, the last time was a bit harrowing because I had to do a face to face. I am hoping just the review form will be enough with a doctor's letter. I am also wondering how long it takes to get an answer off them. Any advice wold be greatly appreciated. 
Many thanks. 

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi Welcome to the community,

There is long waits for reviews to happen or take place. For an example of timescale my pip review was due may/june 2023 and I have only just been reviewed and awarded again a few weeks ago (11th March 2024).

When you are given the form treat it as a new claim for pip. You should aim to have an A4 piece of paper for each descriptor explaining how things affect you, what happened when you attempted them and what the consquences were. Also add if anyone witnessed you doing them and what happened. Remember to put your name and NI Number of the top of each addition piece of paper. A doctors letter isn't really proof as they don't see you in everyday situations and don't know really how things affect you so isn't really good evidence to use (and you have to pay for them).

If later you are given a face to face assessment, you can ask for this to either be over video call or a telephone assessment if face to face is too much for you.

All the best.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,240 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Gandolf, looks like you've already had some lovely advice from Rubin, but I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the community. I hope you'll find it a great source of support  :)

Just so you know, I've moved your post over to our PIP section where all our members can find it should you have any more questions. I hope you've had a good weekend!
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanx Rubin that is very helpful, did they not want a face to face to face or phone call? 
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 562 Pioneering
    Options
    Gandolf said:
    Thanx Rubin that is very helpful, did they not want a face to face to face or phone call? 

Mine was a paper based assessment, so didn't need an assessment as gave alot of detail for each descriptor and how it affected me.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.