Will I have a f2f or phone call for my claim? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I have a f2f or phone call for my claim?

Helpwithpipthanks Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I just started my claim waiting for an appoinment my Q is

If they offer me f2f I would be unable to attend as due to mobilty issues and anexity Its my worse nightmare talking f2f to a stranger about my health.

Can I refuse and ask for a phone call or do I have no right/choice in the matter

Thank you


  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 548 Pioneering
    If they offer you a f2f appoinment you can always change this and ask for a phone call or video call instead. You're not forced into doing a f2f anymore if you can't do one.

    Hope this helps.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,213 Scope online community team
    Hello @Helpwithpipthanks, welcome to the community :) 

    As Rubin said, you can request a phone or video call if you'd find that easier. It can feel really stressful to talk through your medical details but I hope you get a date soon and your assessment goes well! 
    Rosie (she/her)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.