Pip and NHS Continuing Healthcare Funding

wrose
wrose Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 3 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Can someone please advise if you are receiving Continuing Healthcare Funding through NHS in a Nursing Home you can apply for the Mobility Component of PIP please?

Only my cousin has Cerebral Palsy and Spina Bifida and I am looking to
apply for this for him.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 7,000 Online Community Coordinator
    Hi @wrose and welcome to the community. I hope you're doing ok today?

With regard to PIP, you don't apply for individual components, you just apply for PIP and the DWP will assess if your cousin would get either component.  There's lots of information about PIP here. But we're of course all here to offer support and answer any other questions you may have. :)
  • surfygoose
    surfygoose Community member Posts: 471 Empowering
    I am in a care home (residential care, not nursing), but the rules are the same. In a care home or nursing home you can claim PIP mobility. You fill out the whole form but if awarded daily living they don’t pay that to you if you live in a care home or nursing home but they do allow you to be paid mobility component.

i just checked my PIP letter and it says that I am awarded the enhanced rate of daily living and the enhanced rate of mobility. It then says,

As you're in a care home or nursing home we can't pay you the daily living part.”

I hope that helps.
  • Bashford61
    Bashford61 Community member Posts: 39 Contributor
    I am in a care home (residential care, not nursing), but the rules are the same. In a care home or nursing home you can claim PIP mobility. You fill out the whole form but if awarded daily living they don’t pay that to you if you live in a care home or nursing home but they do allow you to be paid mobility component.

i just checked my PIP letter and it says that I am awarded the enhanced rate of daily living and the enhanced rate of mobility. It then says,

“As you're in a care home or nursing home we can't pay you the daily living part.”

I hope that helps.
    I have a friend (ex partner) In hospital she has cerebral palsy and hydrocephalus recently recovered from cancer and now to top it all total kidney Failure and cannot receive a transplant because of her other conditions, The Hospital wants her to be placed in a hospice with 24hr care nearer the hospital because she needs dialysis every other day for the remainder of her life, will she be expected to pay for this?  will she /can she get help with the costs?