Spring clean/redecoration — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Spring clean/redecoration

Options
benno
benno Community member Posts: 25 Connected
Does anyone have any information in getting support with redecorating and decluttering a bedroom.  Due to my disbilities, I am unable to move things about and tend to stay just in my bedroom whioch has become cluttered. It needs redcorating and decluttering to make it more accessible. Does anyone know of any decent, fair priced services.  I did try to contact council as rent from them but they are not helpful. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,650 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you have any family friends or neighbours who could help with the heavy stuff. Did you ask the council if they could point you in the direction of help ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,233 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @benno, sorry the council weren't very helpful with your request.

If you don't have any family or friends around to help out, you could try Facebook groups. If you check to see if there are any local groups to join, there might be somewhere you can ask for recommendations of any local services or even just neighbours who wouldn't mind lending a hand. Some of my neighbours have also used an app called NextDoor to find recommendations, but I haven't used that one myself so I can't say whether it's useful or not.

Hope you're able to find a solution soon :)  
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.