Appealing pip decision outside timeframe — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appealing pip decision outside timeframe

Options
ncor
ncor Community member Posts: 90 Pioneering
I have a friend that has gone past the 1 month timeframe to appeal to the tribunal. She already done her mandatory reconsideration but now wants to appeal to tribunal, can she still do this?

Also, I may have asked this before, but she wants to know if there’s any risk to her current award if she appeals to tribunal? Has anybody ever had their award taken away by tribunal?

thanks. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,646 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can appeal up to 13 months but you have to state why you are appealing late, an appeal can work for you or against you
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• ncor
    ncor Community member Posts: 90 Pioneering
    Options
    I thought the 13 months was just for a mandatory reconsideration, this is an appeal to tribunal, is it still 13 months?

Also, will she definitely be warned by the tribunal if they are going to reduce/remove any part of her award? 

Thanks.  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,127 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ncor said:
    I thought the 13 months was just for a mandatory reconsideration, this is an appeal to tribunal, is it still 13 months?

Also, will she definitely be warned by the tribunal if they are going to reduce/remove any part of her award? 

Thanks.  
    It applies to Tribunal too. As woodbine, advised you will need to give a reason why you're late requesting it. 

Yes, they usually warn you if they plan on reducing any existing award. They will either write to you before the hearing date or they will warn you on the day of the hearing and then adjourn it for you to go home and decide what you want to do. 

I'd advise you to either appear in person or have a telephone.video hearing because either of those will give you a 70% chance of success. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.