Lcwra — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra

Options
jody123
jody123 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited April 9 in Universal Credit (UC)
Thankyou for accepting me into your group, I have just spoke to uc,as I have just been awarded lcwra,I started putting sicknotes in in August 2023 and had my wca in March this year,but have been told I'm only gettin back pay from feb-march,I'm not very good at maths,but wouldn't I been getting backpay from nov/Dec.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,118 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jody123 - if you would say the date in August 2023 when you provided your first sick note (& have these been continuous until you got the result of your WCA?)
    Also please let us know the dates of your assessment period, or the date you're normally paid, then we can check when back pay is due from.
  • jody123
    Options
    Hi chiarieds,my sicknotes have been consistent from 27th August,and my assessment period 17march to 18 April,I get paid on 24th of each month
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,118 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 8
    Options
    There's 3 full months (Sep - Oct, Oct - Nov, & Nov - Dec 2023) before the LCWRA element is payable. So, this is then due from your assessment period 18 Dec 2023 - 17 Jan 2024, but, as this is paid in arrears, then your first payment (presuming you don't live with a partner who already claims this LCWRA element), would be from 24 Jan 2024.
    So, if there have been no gaps in your sick notes, I'd query this in your journal as UC are slightly out.
  • jody123
    Options
    I spoke to uc,and they really couldn't help,I have also wrote on my journal,but haven't had reply yet,thankyou
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Can I just check that 27th August was the actual date that you provided your first fit note? Or was that the date on the fit note and you didn't provide it until after that date?

Some members state that they've provided it on X date but then go on to say that was the date on the fit note but didn't report it until after that date. It's the date you actually provide it that counts. 

Please have a look back through your journal to check that date. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jody123
    Options
    It was the 27th august that my sicknote was put on my journal,tbh when I rang uc they didn't have a clue,and was told that he couldn't say if I was entitled to backpay,because he didn't have the authority 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then chiarieds advice is correct. When you ring UC you are speaking to someone from a call centre, who usually has very little know of benefits, other than to read from a screen in front of them. 

I also noticed you said the decision has only recently been made. It often takes quite a few weeks to pay what is owed to you. It will be paid as a separate payment to your usually monthly money. 

Before they can pay it they need to recalculate your past statements to work out how much you've already received, against what you should have received. You will then receive the difference between the 2. Once this is done you will receive a letter on your journal. It will then be paid into your bank. 

Please also make sure you check your next statement to see if this months LCWRA element is included. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,364 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @jody123, welcome to the community! I can see you're already on the way to getting some answers to your questions from our lovely members, but I just wanted to pop in to say hello and welcome. I've moved your post over to our Universal Credit section just so our members can find it more easily. I hope you're able to get things cleared up soon :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jody123
    Options
    Thankyou for your advice,hopefully it will be dealt with as and when
  • jody123
    Options
    I have had a message from uc,telling me I'm not getting back pay,as my sicknotes are only from November,which isn't true,my sicknotes are from 27th August with no gaps,it is all on my journal,so why would they say this
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Then request the Mandatory Reconsideration on the decision not to award from when you provided your first fit note. 

Why are they saying they are only from November? Take a screenshot of when you provided the first one and send it to them. 
  • jody123
    Options
    I don't understand why they are saying this has its all there in writing,how di I ask for mandatory reconsideration 
  • Damson61
    Damson61 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    👋🏻 my first posting, my uc payments are twice monthly, I was paid my uc on the 8/4/24 and on the same day was awarded LCWRA, can I ask when I should expect the added payment? Thank you. 😊 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    jody123 said:
    I don't understand why they are saying this has its all there in writing,how di I ask for mandatory reconsideration 
    Were there any gaps in your fit notes? This can affect when the extra money is paid from. You are required to provide fit notes up until a decision is made. 

If there were no gaps (please double check) then put a message on your journal to request the MR.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Damson61 said:
    👋🏻 my first posting, my uc payments are twice monthly, I was paid my uc on the 8/4/24 and on the same day was awarded LCWRA, can I ask when I should expect the added payment? Thank you. 😊 
    What date exactly did you provide your first fit note?

What dates do your assessments periods cover or what date do you receive your other UC payment?
  • jody123
    Options
    I have asked why,but haven't had reply, I have been sending consistent sicknotes in,since August 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.