Am about uc — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am about uc

Options
azad
azad Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everyone just a quick one I have been transferred over to uc… got my first payment I think av made a mistake I am getting pip daily living rate some one advice me I can apply for careers allowance which I did also I applied for carer element on uc also the lwcra on uc all waiting decision on am I wrong to apply for all 3 am so confused uc so confusing any advice will be great 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you claiming UC with a partner? If so then they can claim carers element for looking after you. You can't claim it for looking after yourself.

Carers allowance is a separate benefit to UC but the rules are the same, you can't claim this for looking after yourself. Someone else can claim it for looking after you, if they care for you for at least 35 hours per week and they don't earning more than £151/week. Carers allowance is also deducted in full from any UC entitlement. 

Which benefit did you transfer from?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • azad
    azad Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I transferred from tax credit will me working 24hrs a week have any effect on lcwra becouse there’s 3 benefits involved here career allowance and carer element my wife claimed and I claimed lcwra which I work 24 hrs week 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your wife can claim carers allowance for looking after you providing she doesn't earn more than £151/week. It is also deducted in full from any UC entitlement so there's no financial gain to claiming it. 

Yes, she can claim carers element of UC, it's not a benefit on its own. She needs to report a change of circumstances by logging into her journal and tell them she's caring for you. 

For the LCWRA element, it's not awarded based on your claiming PIP. You need to go through a work capability assessment first. To start this process off you need to report your health condition and provide fit notes. You will then be referred for a work capability assessment. Once this is done you will receive a UC50 form in the post to fill in and return.

You will most likely need an assessment because most people have them. Once a decision is made on your claim if found to have LCWRA it is paid from the 4th month after you provided your first fit note. 

Please also note that if your UC includes any Transitional Protection then this will erode if you become entitled to other elements or if other elements increase. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.