what minimum hours must I work to continue receiving industrial injuries disablement benefit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

what minimum hours must I work to continue receiving industrial injuries disablement benefit

Options
Elviscat
Elviscat Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi,

I am almost 69, but still working and receiving this benefit, I am looking to reduce my hours. -  every year I get a form to complete confirming that I  have worked a minimum of 10 hours a week for the previous 13 weeks.

Does this mean that I need only to work 130 hours a year?... or do I need to work 10 hours every week?

cannot find the minimum hours stated anywhere.

Thank You

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,412 Scope online community team
    edited April 9
    Options
    Hi @Elviscat, welcome to the community. I'm afraid I'm not too sure on this one, but I just wanted to pop in to say hello and welcome.

If you haven't already tried it, you could try ringing the Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit helpline to see if they can clear things up for you. The number is:
    Telephone: 0800 121 8379
    Textphone: 0800 169 0314
    Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 121 8379  
    British Sign Language (BSL) video relay service if you’re on a computer -  or use the service on mobile or tablet
    They're open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Hopefully they can give you a more solid answer than I can! 
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • luvpink
    luvpink Community member Posts: 87 Pioneering
    Options
    @Elviscat I have received IIDB for many years and I have never been required to work, nor have I ever received a form asking me to confirm it.
    I have just turned 60 and I am early ill health retired.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,808 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm no expert here with IIDB but I've never heard of anyone needing to continue to work a minimum amount of hours to continue with their claim. 

We don't have many threads here for IIDB and for this reason I'd advise you to get some expert advice. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • JessieJ
    JessieJ Community member Posts: 516 Pioneering
    Options
    Like  Luvpink, I've received IIB for 30+yrs & never been contacted re work commitments. It sounds like a call to them is in order.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.