Hi, my name is mysterymanuk! Can anyone help confirm my three month wait for LCWRA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mysterymanuk! Can anyone help confirm my three month wait for LCWRA?

Options
mysterymanuk
mysterymanuk Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 10 in Universal Credit (UC)
Re:lwcra I've read most of the other discussions regarding this...this is more to clarify if im right or wrong...here's short version lol
So got awarded lwcra and claim is from 7th Jan 2024 I think they said it will start from.  my sick notes just ran out 7th April told ibdont need to give any more....am I right in understanding my three month wait is from Jan to now and will get my first lwcra payment may 2024...and would I be entitled for any back pay from Jan 2024 to now April 2024 or just the standard amount of £416 next month....whole thing is quote confusing and not explained very well :-) 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You need to answer the following questions for me to be able to advise you. 

1/ What date exactly did you report your health condition, provide your first fit note?
    2/ What date do you usually receive your money each month?
    3/did you continue to send fit notes until a decision was made on the work capability assessment?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mysterymanuk
    Options
    Afternoon was approx Sept 2023 to dec 10th then a break in Dec on sick notes as docs were messing me about anyway then managed to get another around beginning of Jan to april 7th 2024...during that time had my assessment and got awarded it from Jan 7th or 8th this year..I usually get my uc 20th of every month so sick notes have been continued from Jan to now basically x
  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,364 Scope online community team
    Options
    Looks like you're already getting some good advice from Poppy @mysterymanuk, but I just wanted to nip in to say hello and welcome to the community! I'll put your post over into our Universal Credit section where members can find it more easily. I hope you'll find the community friendly and supportive :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • mysterymanuk
    Options
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,530 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I need exact dates because otherwise I can't advise you. How long was the gap in the fit note? 
    What date did you provide the fit note in Jan?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.