A&E letter — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

A&E letter

Options
apples
apples Community member Posts: 234 Courageous
Hi everyone 

last week I had to attend A&E again as I wasn’t coping, not eating getting no sleep feel unsafe in my home

after speaking to the psychiatric liaison dr he discharged me and told me he would email my local council

i received the discharge letter today and he has put that my current presentation is not indicative of acute mental illness nor being in a mental health crisis

reading this has made me angry as I wouldn’t have attended A&E if I wasn’t suffering 

I can only put this down to talking calm to them when they ask me questions as I don’t want to get high rate 

but this letter has made me want to go back and start shouting swearing at them….im angry 

Comments

• letitbe
    letitbe Community member Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    apples said:
    Hi everyone 

last week I had to attend A&E again as I wasn’t coping, not eating getting no sleep feel unsafe in my home

after speaking to the psychiatric liaison dr he discharged me and told me he would email my local council

i received the discharge letter today and he has put that my current presentation is not indicative of acute mental illness nor being in a mental health crisis

reading this has made me angry as I wouldn’t have attended A&E if I wasn’t suffering 

I can only put this down to talking calm to them when they ask me questions as I don’t want to get high rate 

but this letter has made me want to go back and start shouting swearing at them….im angry 
    It’s really frustrating when these Drs think they can understand your distress in a brief chat.

I’ve had A&E discharge reports that have had quite a lot of misinformation on them, I had one psychologist tell me that unfortunately psychiatrists don’t take you seriously unless you’re psychotic or schizophrenic, that is wrong is every level possible. 

• Colin_33
    Colin_33 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I suffer, badly, from psychiatric break downs. Can I ask, were you in anyway intoxicated?

• apples
    apples Community member Posts: 234 Courageous
    Options
    Colin_33 said:
    I suffer, badly, from psychiatric break downs. Can I ask, were you in anyway intoxicated?

Sorry to hear about your break downs

no I wasn’t intoxicated as I don’t drink nor take drugs (I don’t even like taking prescribed meds)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.