Hi, my name is Shacal123! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Shacal123!

Options
Shacal123
Shacal123 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi Everyone
My question is: I was awarded pip 2yrs this September and it runs out September...do they write to you to re apply before September or do you take it on yourself to apply.....
Any help will be appreciated
Thank you

Comments

• rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 611 Pioneering
    Options
    Shacal123 said:
    Hi Everyone
    My question is: I was awarded pip 2yrs this September and it runs out September...do they write to you to re apply before September or do you take it on yourself to apply.....
    Any help will be appreciated
    Thank you

They will send you a review form in the post when your review is due, no need to reapply. Just note that there is a long delay in completed reviews so your review will take time to complete, however it might be quicker come september. You award will continue till your review is complete and a new decision is made.

Treat reviews as if your doing a new claim though, don't just write no change to the descriptors. You should aim to do a seperate A4 piece of paper for each descriptor explaining how things effect you, what the consquences were when you attempted them and if anyone witnessed you doing them. Write your name and national insurance number ontop of each piece of paper.

Goodluck with your review and welcome to the community.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Shacal123
    Options
    Many thanks for your information given...that will help me....wasn't sure how it worked....
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,729 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Were you awarded by DWP or a Tribunal? If DWP are you sure your award ends this September? If it does I would have expected you to have been contacted about 8 months before the award was due to end. 

Please check your award letter to see exactly when your award is due to end. 

Or, if awarded by a Tribunal DWP would usually contact you about 14 weeks before your award is due to end. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shacal123
    Options
    Thank you for your info...much appreciated.....
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    I can see you've had your questions answered @Shacal123 but I wanted to stop in and give you a quick welcome to the community. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.