Hi, my name is lashes2024! Always awarded 10 points since 2016, now given 0? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lashes2024! Always awarded 10 points since 2016, now given 0?

Options
lashes2024
lashes2024 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 12 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am registered blind and have been since 2003. I had a face to face with atos healthcare in 2016 and was awarded 10 points for daily living and 12 for mobility.

i received a letter in November 2023 saying that my entitlement has not changed out of the blue.

My family support has recently checked my points score and I was given 0 points at all for managing treatments and 0 points for eating and drinking in 2016 and my forms cleanly state I need support aids in these questions.

In my PIP forms which where completed by RAISE it clearly stated that I have to rely on blisters packs for medication and aids for eating and drinking I.e orange bumpon dots. Special cultery and one cup kettle also a plate guard etc.      

I have always scored 10 out of 12 for daily living since 2016.  On the other remaining questions.

I have never asked for a review personally as in 2016 I was told that I would be contacted in 10 years.

AM I right in thinking that I should have least scored the minimum points on managing treatments and also eating and drinking. As with my condition which is a degenerative disease.

Which then obviously means I should have been awarded the enhanced daily living as I have been receiving enhanced mobility since at least 2016 as I am unable to follow a familiar journey without support or aids.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,647 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You won't be able to do anything about the decision that was made in 2016.

First thing you need to do is find out why you received the letter in Nov 2023. If the decision made in 2016 was a 10 year award then I wouldn't have expected them to contact you at that stage. Though they can review you at anytime it's very rare they do that. You will need to ring PIP an ask them. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lashes2024
    Options
    Much appreciated I have also just noticed that I received 2 points for needing to be prompted to engage with other people 

is that to do with the recent changes in the law and will that qualify me for the extra 2 points 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @lashes2024 and welcome to the community. 

I can see Poppy is already helping you out here, but I just wanted to stop in and say a quick hi. :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,647 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Much appreciated I have also just noticed that I received 2 points for needing to be prompted to engage with other people 

is that to do with the recent changes in the law and will that qualify me for the extra 2 points 
    That will depend on when exactly the decision was made in 2016. The law changed from 6th April 2016 so if the decision on that claim was made before that then they won't review your claim. Or if that decision was made by a Tribunal. See link.https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-changes/social-support-changes-to-pip-law-from-6-april-2016
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lashes2024
    Options
    Hi again lovelies most letters say 28th September 2016 and 2 say 28th November 2016. I am really confused and I’m anxious about contacting the Dwp at all. In my letter from. 

I am unable to read my mail. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.