pip renewal. Would this mean I have been awarded this? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip renewal. Would this mean I have been awarded this?

Options
mar_ere_89
mar_ere_89 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 13 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi,

I was awarded pip, 2 years ago. Since then I was due for a reassessment in December 2023, although they had extended this until December 2024. I had sent back all the evidence and I did not receive an assessment date. Then I received this message today: Your PIP review is complete. You should receive your decision letter in 2 weeks. Once you receive your letter, contact us if you have any questions. Do not call before you get the letter as we will not be able to tell you the decision. Please remember to contact us if your circumstances change.

I then called the automated line and it stated I would be paid next at the end of April 2024. Would this mean I have been awarded this?. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,672 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You can ring them to ask what the decision is, even though the text advised you not to. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @mar_ere_89 and welcome. :)

I can see poppy has already given you an answer, but I wanted to stop in and say a quick hello. :)
    As Poppy has said, the best thing you can do is give them a call or wait for the letter. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • mar_ere_89
    Options
    Thank you. I did try yesterday after I received the text message and then I used the automated service that said the next payment was due at the end of the month. Although I have seen some comments saying that the automated line is not always correct. 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Unfortunately the automated line can be a bit glitchy @mar_ere_89 so I'd wait and see if you can get through to someone first thing on Monday.  I'll be keeping everything crossed for you! 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • mar_ere_89
    Options
    Thank you, it is just strange that they I have not had reassessment. Have a great day and thanks for the advice 😃 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.