Hi, my name is Gfly381! Will a part time college course affect my PIP or ESA? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Gfly381! Will a part time college course affect my PIP or ESA?

Options
Gfly381
Gfly381 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi everybody, hope everyone is keeping well, I have a question and if someone could help me answer it I would really appreciate it. 

I am currently 24 years old from Northern Ireland and I am out of work due to depression and anxiety, I am claiming esa and personal independent payments (PIP) for my disability, as I am claiming both of these benefits I don’t have to look for work.

I was interested in doing a part time course in my local collage, it is 3 hours one evening a week for 20 weeks, if I do this course It would be the first time in a few years that I will be in the public, therefore I don’t even know if I could be able to do it without my mental health getting in the way and quitting, but I feel like I would like to try it as I feel even worse at home not doing anything to progress with my recovery, the reason why I have picked this particular course is because it’s the one with the lest amount of hours than the rest of the courses. I would not be applying for any student loans or any financial help just sorely to get out of the house for 3 hours a week. 

my question is would my benefits be affected if I done this part time course? 

Thank you so much for reading this! 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.