Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Research Opportunity for Autistic Adults: We are exploring camouflaging and mental health

Options
crystallee
crystallee Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Hi everyone

I'm Crystal. I am a postgraduate student studying the psychology of mental health at the University of Edinburgh. Our team is conducting a research study exploring relationships between camouflaging, identity, and the mental health of autistic individuals.

For more information and to participate, simply click here to access the survey. The study takes approximately 10-20 minutes on any electronic device.

Eligibility requirements

• Aged 18+
  • Living in the UK
  • Both clinical and self-diagnosis of autism accepted.

Your contribution is greatly appreciated! Let’s work together to shed light on this important topic.

Please share this advert with anyone you know who would meet the eligibility requirements. Thank you very much for your assistance ☺️

This study has been approved by the Clinical Psychology ethics committee of the University of Edinburgh.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,706 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them. 

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules

Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    This sounds interesting
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,982 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Done :blush:

I would be interested to see the results in the future if these are able to be shared
  • crystallee
    Options
    @66Mustang

Yes absolutely! I will share the results here when I can :smile:

Thanks for participating!
  • Amaya_Ringo
    Amaya_Ringo Community member Posts: 78 Pioneering
    Options
    I filled it in. 

I did notice there were a lot of diagnostic questions around social interaction, and not much else. I hope the study isn't uniquely defining autism as a social disorder, as it isn't. 80% of us have executive function issues, but they weren't mentioned in the form at all.

I also find mostly agree/mostly disagree questions really hard to respond to. They are vague descriptors, applied to variable situations. I know not all autistic people will feel this way, but I have trouble with them on the PIP forms as well. I often end up just writing the actual answer in a sentence because I can't work out which one is correct for my experiences.

...Your form was a bit like that for me, only on most every question.
  • crystallee
    Options
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.