LCWRA and PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA and PIP

Options
Francesca22
Francesca22 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I have been receiving LCWRA since March 2023 and will be applying for PIP. If I’m successful in getting PIP does that mean I will have to have another WCA? I don’t think I could go through it again so soon.

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hiya @Francesca22 Getting PIP shouldn't trigger another WCA for your UC, no. Best of luck with your PIP application, will you let us know how you get on? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Francesca22
    Options
    Thank you very much.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 268 Pioneering
    edited April 16
    Options
    I have been receiving LCWRA since March 2023 and will be applying for PIP. If I’m successful in getting PIP does that mean I will have to have another WCA? I don’t think I could go through it again so soon.
    No it will not, dont worry about it, at all.

Just have in mind, they may (known to do it) look into your WCA report, so have a review of what you reported then (ie dates of incidents), be consistent to it, in this claim (where relative) if you have a slight increase on your struggles put it now as an indication things are still challenging if not getting worse. This way one claim will support the other and when (in the distant future) a review come for WCA, this PIP claim will be a middle evidence leg that cover almost a year after your WCA, of your condition, if (and i am confident they do) look then on you now PIP claim.

I hope all that makes sense. Good luck.
  • Francesca22
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I won’t be applying for PIP just yet as I am still waiting to see a Neurologist and get a diagnosis for my poor mobility. When I had my WCA it was classed as ‘Dizziness’ but once I have an actual name for it I will apply for PIP so that’s why am I worried when putting the correct diagnosis that it could trigger another WCA? Would it be better to to apply for PIP now rather than waiting to see the Neurologist?
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @Francesca22 PIP isn't based on any diagnosis, it's about how your disability affects you day to day. So there's no need for the diagnosis, as long as you can explain (with real world examples) how you're affected by it on the forms.  :)
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Francesca22
    Options
    That’s very helpful, I wasn’t aware I don’t actually need a diagnosis so will apply for PIP now. Thank you. 🙂

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.