Review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review

Options
unclebob
unclebob Community member Posts: 121 Courageous
Me and my wife have a review soon, but we have exceeded the limit in my business account. Will they just make reductions or stop it all? And some in my personal account is back pay from PIP last year that's not yet been spent.

My wife has cancer, so she has to visit the hospital every day, so this is not a good time. I did send them a message, but I never got a reply.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,687 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    What do you mean you’ve exceeded the limit in your business account? 

For UC if you have capital of more than £16,000 then entitlement to UC ends. There’s a deduction of £4.35/month for every £250 or part thereof over £6,000.

Backdated money is disregarded for 1 year from the date it was received. After this time it is included. 

Also all the cost of living payments are disregarded indefinitely. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • unclebob
    Options

For UC if you have capital of more than £16,000 then entitlement to UC ends. There’s a deduction of £4.35/month for every £250 or part thereof over £6,000.

Backdated money is disregarded for 1 year from the date it was received. After this time it is included. 

I have 16,500 in my bussins account and 9,000 personal
  • unclebob
    Options

Me and my wifes back payment one was march 7th and the other march 29th
  • unclebob
    Options
    Also the money in my business account is wages i was keeping to buy a new car or van to use for my businsess if i had known i would not of done it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,687 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wages you were keeping? So it’s your capital? 

Did you declare that capital? Business assets can be disregarded but you have to report them for a decision make to disregard them. Though this doesn’t mean it will be disregarded. 

You will need to make sure you tell them everything. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • unclebob
    Options

Did you declare that capital? Business assets can be disregarded but you have to report them for a decision make to disregard them. Though this doesn’t mean it will be disregarded. 

You will need to make sure you tell them 

No i only found out a few weeks ago and not had time been going to the hospital everyday with my wife about her cancer. I say wages because i have not took any money out of my business account for a long time and not had chance to find a car or van with everything going on.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 268 Pioneering
    edited April 17
    Options
    @unclebob You need urgent advice about your claims. Not sure if anyone here can point you to the right direction but I feel you need to urgently put things in order. I appreciate you have ongoing health matters, but if your payments stop (if not on top get a penalty), you will last only as long as your savings and this will be few months at best. Act now. It is very possible (from what you say) that you may be found to have been overpaid and need to pay back money, and this will crash you financially with everything else going on.
  • unclebob
    Options
    @unclebob You need urgent advice about your claims. Not sure if anyone here can point you to the right direction but I feel you need to urgently put things in order. I appreciate you have ongoing health matters, but if your payments stop (if not on top get a penalty), you will last only as long as your savings and this will be few months at best. Act now. It is very possible (from what you say) that you may be found to have been overpaid and need to pay back money, and this will crash you financially with everything else going on.
    It's already sorted and i will have to pay some back.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    unclebob said:
    It's already sorted and i will have to pay some back.
    You're welcome. I'm sure you say thanks to people from the inside,
  • unclebob
    Options

You will need to make sure you tell them everything. 
    All the money in my business account is counted they don't diregard it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.