I have been awarded LCWRA from they 7th november 2023 and i should get pip awarded auto,matically — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have been awarded LCWRA from they 7th november 2023 and i should get pip awarded auto,matically

Options
Gurdipsingh
Gurdipsingh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
universal credit has started to pay me from april of £721.93 pence plus my housing
element too indeed so i should be awarded pip automatic both rates top of that ok

Comments

• Gurdipsingh
    Gurdipsingh Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    can i get pip awarded automatic now that i am on LCWRA from universal credit.
  • rubin16
    rubin16 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 610 Pioneering
    Options
    can i get pip awarded automatic now that i am on LCWRA from universal credit.

You only get PIP automatically if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness and have 12 months or less to live. Other than that you have to apply for it and go through an assessment. Having LCWRA doesn't mean you get PIP and is an entirely different benefit with its own requirements.
    I have Autism, ADHD, Schizophrenia, Gilberts Syndrome and Crohn's Disease and have knowledge in these areas.

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi there @Gurdipsingh and welcome to the community. :)

As Rubin has said, only those with terminal illnesses automatically get PIP, everyone else has to apply and go through the same assessment process. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.