Hi, my name is T28! why have they rung me and done an assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is T28! why have they rung me and done an assessment?

Options
T28
T28 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, I stopped claiming esa a year ago as moved in with partner. But today I’ve just had to do an esa health assessment on phone. I asked at the beginning why am I getting this call as I no longer claim, the doctor doing the assessment said we do this on an individual basis. I’m so confused I haven’t had any money or anything since I’ve stopped the claim, why have they rung me and done an assessment? Has this happened to any one before?

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey @T28 and welcome to the community. :)

That does sound very confusing, have you called the DWP to ask them what's going on? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • T28
    T28 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    No I haven’t as I suffer bad anxiety talking on the phone. so I was hoping someone on here would know or have had similar thing happen.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Unfortunately none of us here would be able to say why, as only the DWP will know the answer.  Do you have anyone who could call on your behalf and act as your advocate? 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • pburns1337
    pburns1337 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    If you're no longer claiming ESA you were under no obligation to undertake an assessment. Me (being wise in hindsight here) would probably ask them to confirm it in writing and put down the phone. Sounds a bit dodgy to me, could be some new type of scam.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,524 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're claim remained as a credits only claim then yes it could have been an assessment, especially if you filled out a ESA50 form before your payments stopped. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.