Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Psoriatic arthritis:(

Options
kerri38
kerri38 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hey everyone I’m new to group, have been feeling super low and alone so tried to find others who feel the same as me, I  found this group so 🤞🏻 I have been living (surviving) for 4 years with psoriatic arthritis I went from healthy 34 year old to becoming stuck in a wheelchair and housebound, I have thought constantly about taking my life, due to my bad depression that’s become even worse.
before this disease started  I was a nursing assistant for over 10 years so my life was 12 hour shifts running up and down 3 floors, I loved looking after others gave me a good feeling inside, I had just been on holiday to Thailand with my then ex partner in 2019 and life was great  and then 2020 hit and it all went so bad from there everyday I struggle with not wanting to wake up anymore I hate my life and I can’t seem to get over what it’s taken from me I’m so bitter, and frustrated with everything I have been on so much medication, weekly injections and still I’m stuck at home with my dogs I can’t carry on like this for another year I don’t know what I hope in writing this just getting it out, is there really anybody that feels as low and alone as me everyday and wish that they just didn’t wake up
thanks for reading if anybody does x 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,242 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @kerri38 and welcome to the community. :)

I'm sorry to hear the health changes have gotten to you so much, I know it cant be easy. Have you spoken to anyone about your thoughts? A GP or a friend perhaps? I understand the bitterness than can take over when big changes happen, it can be very hard to fight off. But I've found from experience talking about things really can help. 
    I'm hoping the community can be a place of great support for you, we're all here if you need us. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • kerri38
    kerri38 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi thanks for response, I have been trying to get help for years, but unfortunately didn’t get very far, that’s why it’s so frustrating and I’m sad to even say this but I actually don’t have 1 friend or family member to talk to because it’s just me, I fell out with my family, and lost friends from not working so now i sit in the house looking at same thing day in day out just thinking of ways out of this hell thanks 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,242 Scope online community team
    Options
    Maybe it could be time to get the ball rolling for some help again?  We've popped you a little email, please keep an eye out for it. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.