Universal credit decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal credit decision

Options
Qasimo
Qasimo Community member Posts: 159 Courageous
Anybody help please what does this mean??
No tagging allowed.. ask questions and wait for respond..

Comments

• Qasimo
    Options
    Thanks in advance nearly 3 month they don't pay Universal credit keep asking for statements when sent they said they destroyed I keel sending over Iver again 
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    What's the "issue of deprivation" exactly? What happened?
  • Qasimo
    Options
    I dont know what it mean so I'm asking...?? You can see picture if you don't know leave it... I'm waiting for somebody to explain..
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    hey, take it easy mate, its tough all over. thought you were asking why it takes so long. The tone of the advisor "requesting explanation" is not the best news. probably they suspect fraud. Arma seems to be on to something here.

Let us know how it went.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,595 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 22
    Options
    Did you have some capital in the past that prevented you from claiming UC? Or you had more than £6,000 and there were deductions in your UC.

If you did then they are looking to see if you deprived yourself of that capital to be able to reclaim UC again. 

Themanfromlondon was asking you a question to be able to advise you further. I don’t see that they did anything wrong. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Qasimo
    edited April 22
    Options
    That fine TheManFromLondon bro I just got tension know what I mean...cheers bro...
    Although when they stop claim last time cause of capital etc after that we claim UC then we was OK it say have capital £6000 etc right we got paid UC normally etc then we told them Capital gone down under £2000 cause while we waited for outcome we have to pay rent bills food's clothing etc etc know what I mean we told them capital gone down so we sent bank statements etc  now we are waiting and today they sent that picture I posted... so obviously I should be OK right?? Cause if that stopped I'm f*d.. that what worry me I have 2 kids etc it all my missus fault every1 knows Wife don't share financial with husband right.. how would I know anyway all this happen cause of her...
  • Qasimo
    Options
    ThaManFromLondon thank mate i will let you know the outcome finger cross tho stupid Sunak bro 🤣🤣 he mess up all 🤣🤣
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I can’t tell you if everything will be ok, only a decision maker can make that decision unfortunately. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Qasimo
    Options
    Ok I got in they release payment... but they I have capital but i don't I need help who do I turn to like agent to help me with this??
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sorry, I didn’t quite understand that. 

Are they saying you deprived you of capital? If so then this means that you will be treated as still having that capital and your UC will still be decreased. 

Start here for expert advice. https://advicelocal.uk/welfare-benefits

• Qasimo
    Options
    Sorry they said 
    Capital is ✁✂✄☎ ✆✝✆✞✟✆✠✟✄ ✡✁ ☎✁☛ ☞✌✁ ✡✍✞✂✎✏ ✟✞✑✄ ✏✆✝✞✂✎✏✒ ✆ ✓✌✁✓✄✌✡☎ ✡✍✆✡ ✞✏✂✔✡ ☎✁☛✌ ✆✞✂ home, a trust fund or stocks and shares. The law says people are treated as still having capital they do not have if they deprive themselves of it in order to get Universal Credit or more Universal Credit. This capital is called notional capital. When calculating your level of capital the question of deprivation of capital has to be considered. We have looked at the information provided and we have not accepted your reasons for the reduction in your capital. You are therefore treated as having notional capital of £14,000 as of the start of your claim, 07/02/2023. This means that your notional capital and actual capital exceeds £16,000 for assessment periods 07/02/2023 to 06/02/2023 and you are not entitled to Universal Credit. From assessment period beginning 07/02/2024, you are treated as having capital of £13,672.37. This means your Universal Credit will be reduced, this reduction is Assumed Yield. Your Universal Credit statement will inform you of the deduction that will be made from your payment each month. 
  • Qasimo
    Options
    I dont have that kind of money now they don't believe us.. 😔😔
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Although you no longer have the money, deprivation of capital means they are saying you spent the money too quickly so that you could reclaim UC or continue to claim it. There's not really any definition of deprivation of capital but things like giving your money away to family/friends or buying expensive items can both be one of them. 

Difficult to advise because I'm not a decision maker and I don't know what you spent it on or how quickly you spent it. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.