Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

How long for rent increase to be reviewed?

Options
Ramonica
Ramonica Community member Posts: 53 Courageous
Hi, I have reported my rent increase on my Universal Credit account but I have not heard back yet. How long does it take? Is it possible that my next payment remain with the old amount or they will look at the change by then? A bit worried about it. Tried to ask through the journal but didn't get a reply.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,145 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You won’t hear anything and if you’re entitled to extra housing element you will see that in your statement. I reported increase in rent for my daughters UC and I just seen it on her statement a few days ago that it had increased. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 288 Pioneering
    Options
    You won’t hear anything and if you’re entitled to extra housing element you will see that in your statement. I reported increase in rent for my daughters UC and I just seen it on her statement a few days ago that it had increased. 
    Thats good to know, i was looking to find some kind of message about it for the rent increase i just reported. Thanks for that.
  • Ramonica
    Options
    Thank you. I will wait then.
  • noman
    noman Community member Posts: 771 Pioneering
    edited April 23
    Options
    I logged into my journal on the 1st April and there was a message for me to confirm my rent increase,I confirmed what was being asked and confirmation that I had done the rent increase change showed up straight away on my journal.

The rent increase is showing on my statement under housing element today.
  • Ramonica
    Options
    One more question, is it the Housing element same with Housing benefit, that it is paid in arrears?
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 288 Pioneering
    Options
    noman said:
    I logged into my journal on the 1st April and there was a message for me to confirm my rent increase,I confirmed what was being asked and confirmation that I had done the rent increase change showed up straight away on my journal.

The rent increase is showing on my statement under housing element today.
    That “straight away” is an automatic message that “you” did it. It is not a confirmation they accepted it.

As poppy123456 said, and you also confirmed is that you saw the change on your statement.

not sure why you were promoted for the rent increase instead if going yourself to report it. Are you in a council property?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,145 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ramonica said:
    One more question, is it the Housing element same with Housing benefit, that it is paid in arrears?
    Yes, UC is paid 1 month in arrears. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ramonica
    Options
    Ramonica said:
    Yes, UC is paid 1 month in arrears. 
    Thank you
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.