Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Tribunal question

Options
missypinks
missypinks Community member Posts: 49 Listener
Hi , I've got a couple of things I'm a bit unsure of if anyone could help.
* Do the dwp usually respond to tribunal by the date given ?

* Why do they need to respond?

* when will the bundle arrive?

* Do I need to do anything when the bundle arrives? 

Thankyou it's all so confusing

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,159 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No, very often they don’t respond by the date given. If they don’t the date will be extended. Usually they will respond eventually.

They respond because it’s a Tribunal, which they are part of. It would be rather strange if they didn’t respond. 

When they respond they send everything to them. You will then receive a copy of everything in the bundle. 

Yes have a read through to make sure everything is there. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • missypinks
    Options
    Coincidentally yesterday evening I had a phone call out of the blue from a lady from dwp she said in blackpool, I didn't catch if she said she was a case manager or decision maker I was very shaken, I havnt slept since and got a really and headache today,  she was really rude and wouldn't let me get a word in and kept interrupting me, she said will give me 2 points for one of the descriptors after scoring 0, but can't give me anymore due to the fact I get carers for my nan and in different words how can I do that, I tried to tell her I've been getting carers for my nan for many years and she lives right by me and I sit with her in her bungalow like it's my own home, she is my best friend and being at my nans doesn't stop my difficulties I still have them wether I'm at my nans or my own home, we support each other, everytime I tried to say something she snapped at me it was horrible, it ended with her saying the bundle will be sent out, they obviously was wrong with one question and wouldn't let me carry on explaining any of the other descriptors after the health report was all lies, please someone tell me the tribunal will not be so horrible because I can't cope with anymore people talking to me like a piece of s***, I'm suffering myself and would just like someone to listen and say we understand or at least someone who knows about depression and panick disorders and the kind of symptoms that come with it because if I could work I would, I have always worked and had to leave a job I loved 3 years ago because when the attacks started at work the symptoms were embarrassing and something u need to be at home with.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 5,706 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of that experience @missypinks that can't have been easy for you, so please be gentle with yourself today.  I've been through two tribunals now an both were worlds apart from dealing with the assessors.  The tribunal were super caring and let me speak at my own pace (even sat with me whilst I had a panic attack) and never interrupted. They even apologised for the way the DWP had handled my claim. So please try not to worry too much, you'll do great. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • missypinks
    Options
    Thankyou so much your canswer has helped more than you know, I'm lying down today , I really am finding it hard to get her voice out my head the way she kept cutting me off and disregarding me was humiliating and hurtful. Thankyou again x
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.