If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

LCWRA childcare meals

Options
Amzx
Amzx Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hey I was just wondering if with UC I can claim back the cost of meals with the 85% covered? The meals are not optional so I can’t even give her food to take and it costs £45 a day. I can barely cover the 15% and am not able to get free school meals so was wondering as it’s not an optional addition could it be covered? Im already exhausted with my illness and 5 months pregnant so struggling bad with a 3year old! 

thank you

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,208 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    £45 per day for a meal for a child? Is that correct or a typo? 

Unfortunately you can’t claim for help with the cost of this through childcare with UC. 

Is the reason you don’t qualify for free school meals because you live with a partner that earns more than £7,400 per year? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Amzx
    Amzx Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your reply, sorry it’s £22.50 a day, will be £45 a week for two days. Yeah that’s the reason.

Will either have to send her less time or look in to alternatives I think as it’s unaffordable sadly. If there was an option for food from home I’d definitely do that but unfortunately it’s not an option 😞 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,208 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Wow that's such a lot of money for a small child. Even I wouldn't eat that much for lunch. I think that's an insult. My grandson is in childcare for 5 days a week for 30 hours of free childcare and he takes a pack lunch. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.