LCWRA. when should I be entitled to a payment from please? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

LCWRA. when should I be entitled to a payment from please?

Options
Mitzirigg
Mitzirigg Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I’m new to this and finding it difficult to get a grip off. My question is. 
I have been signed off work since 15/11/23 my assessment period begins on the 29/11/23.  I was awarded LCWRA on 26/3/24 when should I be entitled to a payment from please?  UC have said it’s 27/4/24 and therefore I am not entitled to any backdated payment I thought it would have Been the March assessment period.  If anyone can help explain this be appreciated 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,632 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods starting from when you first provided your fit note. It’s then paid from the 4th month with first payment being the end of that month. 

A few questions are needed before I can advise. 

Was the date you provided your first fit note 15/11/2023? It needs to be the date you provided it and not the date on it.

What date do you usually receive your money each month?

Did you continue to provide fit notes without any gaps until a decision was made? 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,415 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hiya @Mitzirigg and welcome to the community. :)

I'm still learning how LCWRA works properly, so I understand the confusion. But I believe as long as there were no breaks in your fit notes, you should be paid on the 4th payment cycle? I cant say if you're due backpay unfortunately. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Mitzirigg
    Options
    I usually receive my money on the 4th of each month.  It was actually the 13th November not the 15th i was signed off I had to do a self certificate from then for 7 days then the GP has provided lines since I am still covered by one at the moment till 30/04/24 although UC no longer needs one.  There has been no gaps in my lines.  I was in hospital on the 13th having emergency surgery so would have been later I contacted UC looks look I spoke to them on the 29/11/23 to inform them I had been signed off since the 13th
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I’m still rather confused by your timeline. 

When you report a health condition you have 7 days to provide a fit note. What date exactly did you provide that first fit note? It will tell you the exact dates on your journal.

Im sorry but I can’t give you advice without all the correct information. 

Based on what you’ve said so far your first payment will be either April or May.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Mitzirigg
    Options
    Because I was doing bank work my sick lines went to my employer.  I was getting SSP which ended this month.  In my journal it says on the 29th November 2023 they accepted a sick note effective from 13/11/23.  
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Sending them to your employer doesn't help your UC claim. As it was 29th November you provided it then that's the date they will go from, even though it was backdated to 13th November. They will accept the fit note at the time but when it comes to the waiting period they will not accept the date on the fit note, usually. It will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision. 

Going from the date you provided your first fit note your waiting period will be Dec to March... LCWRA starts from 28th March to 27th April and first payment will be 4th May. No LCWRA element is owed. 

If you were receiving earnings since you provided your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you will be owed some money from that. 
  • Mitzirigg
    Options
    Thank you for explaining that poppy, I understand that now, wish UC would explain these things as well.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.