Received a PIP change in law form — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Received a PIP change in law form

Options
Butterfliess
Butterfliess Community member Posts: 67 Connected
I have received a pip changes in law form.
I feel a little daunted, not sure if should fill it in. 

It’s asking me to answer 5 questions regarding mixing with others from the first time I started claiming pip till when my current award ends Jan 2025.

now tbh I have had a lot of support and help through the years and it’s changed often. I can’t remember all the dates and I don’t want to get wrong and get in trouble. I can’t remember all the things I have said on previous forms.

I’m due to receive my review forms soon surly and worried this may affect that process when it happens? I could just be over thinking all of this.

Has anyone been through this process or no what happens next? 
Many thanks, 

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Heya @Butterfliess please try not to panic about that form too much. Basically the DWP changed the laws on that specific descriptor and it means some people may be due an extra 2 points to their PIP, which could mean an increase in the daily living component,  this is all back paid also. So it would be worth doing. 
     If you can't remember every detail that's ok. PIP is all about how things affect you over 50% of the time. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 268 Pioneering
    edited April 24
    Options
    @Butterfliess May I please ask, what year your claim started? I knew this was up to a certain year, but a bit confused because you say your award ends in 2025, or it was a long award? Or is there a new change in law? (last question to anyone who knows, not just yourself).
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Please correct me if I'm wrong (that can happen!) but I think it's due to this change in law? Which goes back to claims as far back as 2016 by the looks of things.
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • TheManFromLondon
    TheManFromLondon Community member Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Please correct me if I'm wrong (that can happen!) but I think it's due to this change in law? Which goes back to claims as far back as 2016 by the looks of things.
    That has to be it, thank you @Albus_Scope :)
  • Butterfliess
    Butterfliess Community member Posts: 67 Connected
    Options
    This current award started in 2022-2025. I am approaching my 4th review since 2016. The letter says that they are wanting to look back from 2016 till the end of this current award 2025.

Thank you @Albus_Scope for your help. It’s difficult to think all the way back to 2016 and give dates of treatments ect.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.