Hi, my name is Dragonfly79! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dragonfly79!

Options
Dragonfly79
Dragonfly79 Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Hi,I'm a full time care for my partner + computer tech and head bottle washer :)))
Looking foreward to interacting with the community.:)

Comments

• Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,439 Scope online community team
    Options
    Well hey there @Dragonfly79 and welcome to the community. :)

It's always good to see a fellow tech geek here. If you need any support or advice, please just ask away and we'll all do our best to help.  Or if you fancied chats or games, I'd head to the coffee lounge or games lounge. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Dragonfly79
    Options
    Hey Albus ,thanks for the welcome..good to meet you,yes I guess I'm a computer enthusiast,although the tech world sometimes drives me nuts..mostly I do my own audio and graphics stuff these days,..running a win 10 and bunsenlabs Linux mostly...

Don't game much these days but I like talking to people..I have some questions about my partners benefits and stuff,so I'll ask in that section..see you around the  forum :)
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Ah excellent stuff, I just made the move over to win 11 and I think I regret that decision haha.

NO problem, just ask away when you feel up to it and we'll all do our best to help you. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Dragonfly79
    Options
    Well..hmm..Windows 11..
    I put it on a VM in its early release days and thought,eek,..horrible..
    Bloated,overly reliant on MS sign in every time you do anything..

Sooo..I really like the Bunselabs Linux.. Great apps,good design..light and fast..I'll stay with that..
    Mind you windows 10 was dresdfull at first..maybe there's hope :)

Then again,wwin 12 will be along in a bit..maybe they're having another Vista moment,haha :)))))

Hope your having a great day :)
  • honeyhoney
    honeyhoney Community member Posts: 86 Courageous
    Options
    My first OS was MS-DOS and Windows 3.0 then Linux Debian  :) 
    does anyone still remebmer this ?
  • Dragonfly79
    Options
    @honeyhoney ,yes,but it's back in the day a bit for ms dos :-)
    Funny,hardly anyone knows how to use the command prompt anymore:)

My Bunsenlabs Linux is a debient varient..always very stable drbian..

Do you still use Windows?
  • Albus_Scope
    Options
    Oh I remember MS-DOS far too well @honeyhoney haha, showing my age there. ;)

I'm very tempted to switch over to Linux, but I mainly use my PC for gaming or music/editing these days. 
    Albus (he/him)

Neurodivergent.
  • honeyhoney
    Options
    @honeyhoney ,yes,but it's back in the day a bit for ms dos :-)
    Funny,hardly anyone knows how to use the command prompt anymore:)

My Bunsenlabs Linux is a debient varient..always very stable drbian..

Do you still use Windows?
    well... the good old days :) 2 years ago I was playing with the QNX system used in the automotive industry,

I changed my car radio a bit, now my head doesn't work well anymore.

so I stayed with Windows (although I have the same attitude towards this system as you, you know what I mean) :)

• honeyhoney
    Options
    Oh I remember MS-DOS far too well @honeyhoney haha, showing my age there. ;)

I'm very tempted to switch over to Linux, but I mainly use my PC for gaming or music/editing these days. 
    hahah Albus you are right about my age :)
  • Dragonfly79
    Options
    @honeyhoney
    Well yes,the good old days..I actually really liked xp dispite it's occasionally shooting itself in the foot..got into Linux in those days and dual booted..people talk about learning curves but I never had it..sudo apt update,etc..updates quickly and rarely any issues..I'm so lazy haha..
    QNX is an unusual one..so many linux flavours now..one day I'll try out Arch..looks good..as long as I can keep away from win 11 and its endless update issues snd daft social media design.:)))
  • Dragonfly79
    Options
    @Albus_Scope
    Gaming's much better now but linux is still behind on audio IMHO.

I keep a 10 as I'm a bid fan of Equalizer Appo and Foobar :)
  • honeyhoney
    Options
    @Dragonfly79

I know how you feel linux and especially debian is the best :) apt-get etc...
    I spent a lot of nights on it many years ago, will compilation and kernel update succeed or fail? hahaha
    and KDE or GNOME desktop environment? that was a dilemma heheheh

• Dragonfly79
    Options
    honeyhoney

Oh yes..kernal updates..not my favorite,..I did myself a favour early on by usually making plenty of backups or images..usually helps +  I really don't mind reinstalling if needed,long as I don't like data..

Guess I'm used to Kde as started on lubuntu...a lot of people like Ubuntu,and it's a good system,but I just cannot stand thT tellytubbies desktop...it just makes me cringe haha..

My main computer is getting a psu issue,so using this android phone I just got a lot..as usuall I put an extra drive in it,tweaked it went into developer options and sideloaded some apps..compulsive tinkerer:)

Have a good evening and a great weekend

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.