Appointee for pip — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appointee for pip

Options
keljohn1a
keljohn1a Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Good evening ,
My son is 16 and I've just sent his pip forms back he is moving from dla they received the forms on the 18th and by the 20th it was with the assessment providers I have requested that he doesn't have to attend a f2f but he will probably need some sort of assessment even though ive sent his paediatrician letters and ehcp as evidence as his appointee am I allowed to speak for him as I don't think he'd even be able to understand what this process is about .
Many thanks. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you are his official appointee then yes you will be able to speak on his behalf. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • keljohn1a
    keljohn1a Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    I had a form off dla to fill in to become his appointee but I didn't have an interview like I've read other people have and when I called to start his pip application I spoke on his behalf as they said I was his appointee and all communication would be through me and I signed his pip forms so I'm guessing i am,just worried as I've read normally they interview you

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.