If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Tribunal

Options
nockster74
nockster74 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi everyone,I'm so frustrated! After the stress of facing a judge,doctor and DWP rep at a tribunal ( over phone) which was better than in person in my opinion! As you probably know it's a long drawn out situation. So I had my appeal on 30.01.24,and I won my appeal,but this is not the end! I have a hscp worker helping me as well! So I have waited 10/12 weeks,nothing in my journal from DWP to say I have lcwra,so I have still got to go to job centre and supply fit notes. I have contacted UC through my journal twice,and the latest reply is my decision is with a appeals writer who then inform the DWP,and have told me to call them myself,talk about passing the buck. Totally sick of this it's a pain in the a** ,is there anything else I can do 🥴

Comments

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 3,320 Championing
    Options
    Hi @nockster74, sorry to hear you're in this frustrating situation. I'm afraid I'm not sure what else you can do apart from keep nudging them in any way possible, but perhaps some of our members have been through a similar thing and can suggest some alternatives.

If it drags on much longer, it could be worth seeing if your MP can do anything for you, sometimes they can get in contact on your behalf and hurry things along. I hope you're not waiting too much more :)
    Rosie (she/her)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    Have they requested the Statement Of reasons and Record Of Proceedings? Doing that can delay the award being put into payment. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nockster74
    Options
    Hi thanks for your input,as far as maybe going to MP,my hcsp rep mentioned that as well,I will get her to call tribunal writer 1st,as the DWP so kindly gave me Thier number.As of Statement of reasons,Record of proceedings,I am unsure about that! How would I know? Would they have contacted me! I have heard nothing ,all I was aware of was maybe they could contest desicion,as in err in law,but that passes as well ,I will call tribunal writer 1st and see what reply is
  • poppy123456
    Options
    For the error in law they will need to request both the SOR and ROP first. The SOR will explain the reasons for the decision. The ROP is a recorded copy of the hearing itself. They may not always tell you if request those. 

Once those are received they have 1 month to request it but it may take quite sometime for the Judge to write them and send them. This maybe why there’s a delay. 

It’s very rare for them to appeal the decision, even if they request those. Requesting them doesn’t mean they are appealing. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nockster74
    Options
    Thanks poppy,the 1 month period has been and gone,I'm now in my 13th week after appeal,anyway I'll contact appeal writer 1st hopefully a friendly nudge does the trick,or it's MP next,have a good day and thanks again for info 😄
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yes I know it has but that doesn’t mean the judge has sent them out already. It often takes quite sometime for the judge to write them as they do them in their own spare time. 
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.