Hi, my name is stef1972! I need help understanding my payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is stef1972! I need help understanding my payment

Options
stef1972
stef1972 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 25 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi All

I have been through the assessment and had the text saying I had been awarded which is great news and a weight off my mind.  I received som money into my account which I wasn't expecting that quickly but not yet received my letter.  I have been trying to figure out what I have been aware - I know I should just wait but thought I would give it a try.

I received £512.39, this doesn't add up to any of the awards or combinations of.  If it's all backpay (62 days from start of claim to text) then they all equate to more than this or standard mobility far less, so I am thrown.  I then thought was it my first 4 weeks but even them the combinations don't make any number related to this

totally lost, anybody any ideas or should I just be patient and await the letter?

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @stef1972 welcome to the forum congrats on your award, I would wait for the letter, its hard to work out as it could be back pay. Either way you got your award and I'm sure the letter won't be too long
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The reason why you're probably finding it difficult to work out is due to the April increases which would apply from 8th April so the money paid into your bank would be a mixture of amounts for last year and this year. It would be the money that's owed to you and doesn't include any other payments. Your first 4 weekly payment will be about 4 weeks later. 

I'm going to say it could  be standard daily living. Before the increase this was £68.10/week. From 8th April it increased to £72.65/week. It will also depend on when the cut off date was for the money that was owed. 

You can wait for the letter or ring them to ask what you've been awarded.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • stef1972
    stef1972 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thanks poppy, I thought that but the main reason I applied was severe arthritis in my hip, I struggle to walk, I can’t do a lot of mobility things, struggle to even get in a car alone so I would have expected mobility not daily living. I will hold off for a few days to see if the letter arrives 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.