PIP review report confusing — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review report confusing

Options
Sampson60
Sampson60 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I was on standard rate for both for the last 4 years or so and about 12 months ago was notified of a review and to fill out the form. Only got my assessment date in February and had a telephone assessment a month ago.

it was quite short at around 40 minutes and I was satisfied with what I said although felt quite hurried through it all. 

I asked for my report a few days ago and then it came today and I’m taken a back by how much if it is pure fiction. I was awarded 0 points from what I can see in regards to sections ticked. However the written part completely contradicts multiple questions that were awarded 0 points. Feel totally wronged to be honest.

my situation has gotten worse since my initial award 4 years ago and somehow i haven’t scored a single point even though the assessor has written things like, can’t go out at all, can’t cook meals at all and needs promoting for multiple things? It doesn’t make any sense.

not only that but there’s stuff that I haven’t even said on the phone in the report such as can move around a certain of metres, can do housework, ocd doesn’t affect me during certain tasks  etc.

they even said I was chatty which is completely false as I literally had to switch to a telephone call from a video call due to my anxiousness.

last page showed that the assessor recommended no date for review as circumstances unlikely to change, not sure if that’s good or bad. They said its clear I have conditions as proven by GP notes and see no restriction in assessment?

It’s extremely depressing now knowing that I’m awaiting a decision still that is almost guaranteed to be bad news based upon a multitude of lies and no points being awarded.

does anyone know if a decision maker would still award a claim based upon the written part of the report as apposed to the point part?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You haven't scored any points at the moment because the decision hasn't been made. The assessor can't award points, only a decision maker can do that. This is why points aren't added in the report. 

Mostly they go with it but it has been known for them to go against it. 

Part of the report is what you've told them. The part with the descriptors and justification is the assessors opinion and recommended descriptor. 

At the back of the report where I recommends a review, there's no review recommended because there's no points recommended. 

When you filled out the form, did you treat it as a new claim or did you just write no change and no additional information?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sampson60
    Options
    The form I sent back to them about a year ago was for a review as my award was nearing its end, they ended up extending my award into early next year. I provided additional information about my current circumstances on the forms which stated how my situation was worse than last time.

that part at the back about review recommend is that them essentially saying they don’t think I’m entitled to pip?

there are things accurate in the written part of the report however so much is honestly made up and I felt like in the assessment it was a lot of one line questions with no elaborating for me to answer more in depth.

and if I do answer with more depth then apparently I’m too chatty, you can’t win.

the part that’s baffling to me is clearly they have taken into account multiple things in relation the specific questions such as can prepare meals at all yet has said I can in the point part with the tick box?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,701 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes the part where it says no review means they are recommending no points. 

As I advised part of the report will be things that you have said and that’s usually at the front of the report. 

Once the decision is made you can challenge it by requesting the MR. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Sampson60
    Options
    The part at the front is partly things I said and also in part complete fabrication. I just don’t understand why there and multiple questions essentially answered in the front part that indicate points that are then not given in the point part near the back of the report. Seems very rushed as shown by the hurried assessment lasting only 40 minutes.

By their own logic they are indicating to the decision maker that my circumstances have improved and my issues have gotten better even though they acknowledge multiple things in the report that would be worthy of points? All this after I explained how my situation is actually worse now.

Thanks for your reply.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.