Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is jakki66!

jakki66 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
i am 57 had to give up work due to parkinson’s disease i was forced to leave my home now in council accommodation 
i realise i need help the village is remote and i have no family nearby 
im in a new relationship and he is wonderful but i wont let him move in because i don’t want my benefits changed.  whilst i like him alot its too soon to be v serious but he is wulling to help me. i dont want a joint claim.  its my house but don’t want to get into trouble thanks 


  • Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 2,910 Scope online community team
    Hi @jakki66, welcome to the community. The benefit rules are really unfortunate when it comes to living with partners, I feel your pain there. It's lovely to hear you're enjoying your new relationship, though.

    What kind of help do you need? If it's help with care or daily life, you could ask your council for a needs assessment and they might be able to organise some equipment or care to help make life a little easier.
    Rosie (she/her)

    Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.